Sunday, February 1, 2009

Central Market is the Coolest Place on Earth- I am making it official!

So I did it........ I went to Central Market TWICE and didn't buy anything. Besides completing the observation portion of the paper, that was a huge feat that I accomplished. People that shop there know what I am talking about :)
As I suspected, the crowds on Friday night (I decided to switch Thursday to Friday because I wanted to ensure I would get a parking spot when I came back to campus) were so much smaller and relaxing than today's (Sunday) crowd. The parking lot on Friday was nearly empty at 7pm. I was initially wrong in my assumption that I would find a lot of young singles there looking for food to cook for a date. Instead, what I found were many families and older married couples shopping. The atmosphere was so relaxing and the Central Market employees were so much more apparent and helpful (because you could actually find them). On one occasion, an employee asked me if I needed help picking out some wine. I find this hilarious because in no way, shape or form do I look old enough to buy wine- I've actually been mistaken for a 10yr old one time. On both visits, and future ones I expect too, that from the workers to the customers will continue to be genuinely friendly and polite. Which certainly adds to the greatness of this store.

This is what I will say for now because I don't want to give too much away, but strongly encourage everyone, even if you have been before, to go to Central Market and just people watch or better yet introduce yourself to strangers and you will be presently surprised. I did and it was one of the best serendipitous moments I've ever had.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment