Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Central Market's Meaning to Fort Worth

I think Central Market adds a unique flavor to Fort Worth, first by its architectural structure with the large, chocolate, barn doors that frame the entrances. On my last visit, I noticed that they sold homemade TCU Horned Frog purple soap. Although Texas is most known for "Everything is bigger and better in Texas" attitude, and Fort Worth as "Cow Town", environmentalism, eco-friendliness, eating healthy and 'normal' sized portions, I believe Central Market provides people who care for these issues with a place to find them. CM's original intention was not this when it began in Austin in '92, but rather to give food lovers a limitless choice of quality grocery items and make grocery shopping a joy rather than a chore.

2 comments:

  1. That's such a good comparison to the moto of ft. worth and to texas. I think that central market is in fact uniquly texas. i've only seen them in texas and they have a lot of texas made products there. I've always noticed the people in central market are very nice. Both the staff and the customers. Did you notice anything like that while you were there? All and all i think central market is a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really agree with your interpretation of Central Market's meaning to Fort Worth. I think this was a great choice of a space to analyze as I believe you will be able to get a lot of great information from the many varied patrons.

    ReplyDelete