Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Topic for Research Analysis Paper

I have chosen to spend the next 5 weeks researching what schools are doing in order to educate students on green issues. I may target elementary schools, but I might change it to TCU in order to make my research more feasible. I chose this topic for several reasons. Since I began at TCU, my first sociology professor really opened my eyes to serious environmental issues like pollution, food scarcity, deforestation, water quality, and the list goes on and on. Being more conscientious of consumption is very important and in my Religion and Environmental Ethics class we discussed ideas that have an impact on these kinds of issues. Education, I feel is fundamental to learning how to change an inappropriate lifestyle.

In all honesty, I want to see how important these issues are to the Fort Worth or universtiy school system. I am very much aware that the intensity of environmental education depends on which region of the world it is being taught. So, my expectations are not that high for either sector I choose to investigate, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment