Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Paschal AP Environmental Science Class

I finally narrowed down my topic to studying the Paschal High School AP Environmental Science class taught by a TCU alumni, Mr. Andrew Brinker. The research website were of no use to me because this topic would not be covered in mainstream media. My primary sources for studying this course is to use the syllabus for the class, their textbook "Living the Environment", some of the videos used in the class, "Planet Blue", "Planet Earth", and "Renewal Energy" and interviews with students and Mr. Brinker. My research experience has been pretty up and down and unexpected. The teacher is in Michigan for his father's surgery so I have to communicate with him via email and the extra textbooks which I was hoping to look at more fully have been taken by the FWISD (thanks alot).

My specific sources will serve to explain and showcase how the school and Mr. Brinker specifically, are choosing to educate students about the environment. The syllabi will give a direct mission statement for what is will be expected for the class. These materials will help explain from which viewpoint the school and teacher support in respect to environmental science.

I will say that I am nervous because this topic and approach is unconventional and I hope this project won't fall out from under me. I do plan to visit this classroom throughout the course of this assignment to get a better understanding of what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment