Sunday, March 29, 2009

Topic for Unit 3

I scoured the internet for hours upon hours looking for local articles about RAs. Initially, I looked through the Skiff and they had nothing even though RA selection was not that long ago. I DID find an article from the New York Times published on March 22 about the rising amount of RA applications about the economy. I have decided to stick with this article even though it focuses on RAs at NYU, Cornell, and Seton Hall University, an RAs job will always be the same, with minor detail changes, regardless of the University. The changes the article was centered around are in fact the same trends that are appearing at TCU.

I really hope this article will get approved because I really need to write about something that doesn't pose as many challenges as the last one did. I also really need to vent- being an RA is insanely stressful, which is one of the points that I will make in my editorial. Finding an article about RAs definitely completes the requirement for being in my local community. As I said before, if you are an RA at one university, you can be an RA at every university because our job is consists of the same things, but every university department that deals with RA has slightly different requirements that RAs must meet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/23/education/23resident.html?ref=nyregion

No comments:

Post a Comment