Sunday, January 25, 2009

Favorite Locales

A new favorite spot of mine this semester is Red Cactus. Ever since the advent of Frog Bucks (which have unfortunately and untimely run out of ) has brought to this AWESOME Mexican restaurant. I ADORE the Spanish language, culture, and especially the food and since I discovered what Red Cactus was last semester I have spent quite a bit of time there. The manager, who's name I do not know yet is extremely friendly and he always smiles at me. Each cook is extremely amiable and every time I eat there I try desperately to listen in on their conversations in order to practice my Spanish. One day, I am hoping to gain enough courage to order in Spanish. What attracts to Red Cactus besides the great food is the atmosphere. The music is always different, sometimes Latin, other times techno (which is always pleasant) or 80's and 90's pop songs. It's never too busy when I go there to eat which makes it a fun place to study and people watch.

2 comments:

  1. Red Cactus is such a great place to eat! I love the way that the colors and the smells of the food make you feel like you have left Fort Worth, even just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kanika! Red Cactus is actually a new favorite local space of mine as well! I just ate there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and its amazing. The price of the assortment of items is very reasonable and the location is awesome! It has a really fun atmosphere, its always really clean, and they are all always working so hard to make sure everyone is happy. Good Choice!

    ReplyDelete